We conduct a Gap Analysis to assess where a system is compared to where it should be; this could be related to hardware, application, performance or compliance.
Gap analysis can also be used to compare existing processes to processes performed elsewhere, to create a side by side view.
In most cases the Road Map is key, it sets out what is required to fill the gaps, and it should prioritize them with respect to technical requirements, resource and commercial impact.
When conducting a Gap Analysis, we undertake the following process:
- Identify the existing process
- Identify the existing outcome
- Identify the desired outcome
- Identify the process to achieve the desired outcome
- Identify gap and document the gap
- Develop the means to fill the gap
- Create the road map